Health and Social Care BTEC Level 2
BTEC Level 2
The Health & Social Care Level 2 BTEC course:
- gives learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the health and social care sector;
- gives learners a more focused understanding of health and social care through the selection of optional specialist units;
- gives learners the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through the selection of units that are essential for successful performance in working life;
- gives opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised level 2 health and social care qualification;
- supports progression into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship.
The BTEC Level 2 First Award in Health and Social Care provides an engaging, robust, broad-based introduction to the sector. The qualification provides a good introduction to Health and Social Care for learners, and brings together learning to ensure that every learner taking the qualification completes it with a level of understanding and skill on which to build at a later date. It presents knowledge, skills and understanding in a meaningful work-related context, to allow learners to understand theory and application.
Our Level 2 BTEC and GSCE package provides an excellent stepping stone to our Level 3 courses.
The BTEC Level 2 Health & Social Care course also provides the starting point of a route into employment in many of the diverse areas of the industry.