To view this page in Chinese, please click here.
How to Apply as an International Student
You must be aged 16-19 to apply to St David's. You will also need to meet the following entry criteria:
At least six GCSEs/iGCSEs at grade C or above to study three AS levels
At least six GCSEs/iGCSEs at grade B or above to study four AS levels
If your country does not have GCSE or the IGCSE, then you will need to supply us with your formal end of year report for each of your subjects.
If you meet the above entry criteria, and wish to apply to St David's College, please follow the steps below:
- Download our application form and email it, along with the below documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A scan of your passport and/or visa information
- A letter of consent from a parent or official guardian if you are under the age of 18
- You must sit an English language test. St David's asks students to sit an IELTS test in their home country to assess their English language ability. The college requires and IELTS score of at least 5.5. Click here to find IELTS test centres in your area.
- If you meet the requirements of the courses you have chosen, we will issue you with a conditional offer letter.
- Upon receipt of the offer letter you will need to meet the conditions mentioned and pay the course fee.
- Once you have met all the conditions, you will be issued with an unconditional offer. You will then need to apply for a UK Borders Agency visa. See our advice on how to get this here. We will assist you through this process.
Please note that the process of obtaining a visa can take several months so please apply early to avoid any delays to the start of your education.
Before a CAS is issued by the college the following documentation is required:
- A completed application form with a carefully considered personal statement in which the student sets out his / her reasons for attending the UK to study
- A copy of the student’s passport confirming nationality and age
- Qualifications which equate with the entry requirements for UK students for entry to NQF level 3 study. Level 3 study is offered by the college as A Levels.
- Qualifications which demonstrate that study in the college is progression from their previous education
- The submission of academic report or references from their previous school demonstrating aptitude for study
- English language certification as measured by IELTS with a band average score of at least 5.5
- Bank statement no greater than 1 month old showing that the parent has access to funds to cover maintenance costs and tuition fees i.e. £11,000 a year
- The birth certificate of the student showing the relationship between the account holder above and the student
- A letter from the parent promising to support their child whilst in the UK
- Payment of tuition fees
- Signed parent / guardian agreement which is signed by both parents to give consent to travel, reception and care if the student is under the age of 18
- The student must be advised to provide all documentation indicated under the CAS under ‘evidence under which offer is made’