Why St David’s Catholic College?
St David’s College offers you an outstanding educational experience and treats you as an individual. First and foremost we strive to be a community that gives witness to our Catholic values and beliefs.
Students stepping into our classrooms can expect exceptional learning experiences. Our teachers are committed to fostering a supportive, engaging, and innovative environment. We prioritise individual growth, ensuring that each student’s unique potential is nurtured in the classroom.
Our campus-style location has around 1550 students each year, making us the right size to create strong and long-lasting friendship groups and networks, but still small enough to create familiar relationships with teachers and support teams.
Our students progress to universities across the UK and abroad, many attending the top Russell Group universities. In 2023, 38% of students who progressed onto university, progressed to a Russell Group university
We offer all our students
- An excellent academic record. In 2023, a third of grades were A* or an A, and 427 students progressed to university to study a range of courses including Medicine, Law, Engineering and Accountancy.
- A community in which spiritual and personal growth is as important as academic achievement.
- A highly regarded pastoral support system described as ‘Outstanding’ in the most recent inspection report.
- A dedicated Chaplaincy team who support students of all beliefs and the opportunity to practice their own faith.
- Average class size of 20, with international students integrated within UK student classes.
St David’s Staff
- Specialist subject teachers
- Specialist British university advice and application service
- Personal tutors to provide support and advice on well-being to all our students
- On-site career guidance service to advise on career paths and courses
- Additional learning support for extra help with study skills
- Dedicated Chaplaincy team supportive of all faiths
- On-site counsellor